A document management and collaboration platform that helps a company manage archives, documents, reports and other content that is vital to its business processes
SharePoint is configured using a web browser. It provides most of its capabilities via a web user interface (UI) and web applications. SharePoint is used to manipulate content and site structure, create and delete sites, enable and disable product features, configure basic workflows and manage analytics.
Supports render by Workiy includes but not limited to,
- Web-based configuration - Manipulate content structure, site structure, create/delete sites, modify navigation and security, or add/remove apps. Enable or disable product features, upload custom designs/themes, or turn on integrations with other Office products. Configure basic workflows, view usage analytics, manage metadata, configure search options, upload customizations, and set up integration.
- SharePoint Designer – This is a semi-deprecated product that provided 'advanced editing' capabilities for HTML/ASPX pages, but remains the primary method of editing SharePoint workflows. The features are configured either using PowerShell, or a Web UI called "Central Administration". Configuration of server farm settings (e.g. search crawl, web application services) can be handled through these central tools.
- Custom Development – This includes Application-to-application integration with SharePoint, Extensions to SharePoint functionality (e.g. custom workflow actions), 'Web Parts' (also known as "portlets", "widgets", or "gadgets") that provide new functionality when added to a page and Pages/sites templates modification.
Notable features in SharePoint include:
- Business intelligence (BI) - Integrated with Microsoft Power BI, providing access to BI
- Compliance - SharePoint's In-Place Hold Policy Center and Compliance Policy Center let a company's central administration build and apply policies.
- Document library accessibility - Provides page landmarks for easy navigation, keyboard shortcuts for various tasks, updates on upload progress, improved callout readings and updates for help documentation.
- Information rights management - Digital rights management capabilities protect sensitive information and intellectual property from unauthorized access.
- Large file support - There is no limit on file size. However, Microsoft recommends a 10 GB maximum. There is a 250 GB maximum file upload limit.
- MinRole - Administrators can install only the roles they want on SharePoint servers.
- Mobile experience - A touch-friendly mobile interface has been added, giving users a more modern experience.
- Navigation UI - Includes megamenus that render and display on desktop and mobile versions of the platform to enhance site navigation.
- Project server - Project managers can request resources from other resource managers and use a heat map function to see where resources spend time. They can also create multiple timelines. The project server has improved backup and restoration capabilities.
- Project Syntex - - Integrates with Microsoft intelligent search to help employees locate relevant metadata in emails, presentations and other Office services. Syntex uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate content processing and turn content into knowledge.
- Security - coauthoring and autosave features for encrypted documents, information barriers and automatic expiration of external access.
- Site page pinning -Users can pin sites to follow them when on premises or through Office 365.
- Team sites - These are locations where teams can work on projects and share information from anywhere. A team site includes a group of related webpages, as well as a default document library for files, lists for data management and web parts that are customizable.
- Yammer - The Yammer social networking platform has customizable social feeds that let employees interact in the SharePoint environment.
SharePoint Central Administration (the CA) is a web application that typically exists on a single server in the farm; however, it is also able to be deployed for redundancy to multiple servers. This application provides a complete centralized management interface for web & service applications in the SharePoint farm, including AD account management for web & service applications. In the event of the failure of the CA, Windows PowerShell is typically used on the CA server to reconfigure the farm.
The structure of the SharePoint platform enables multiple WAs to exist on a single farm. In a shared (cloud) hosting environment, owners of these WAs may require their own management console. The SharePoint 'Tenant Administration' (TA) is an optional web application used by web application owners to manage how their web application interacts with the shared resources in the farm.
SharePoint allows for storage, retrieval, searching, archiving, tracking, management, and reporting on electronic Read more
It is a tool that helps an organization manage its internal communications, applications and information more easily. Read more
SharePoint's custom development capabilities provide an additional layer of services that allow Read more
SharePoint contains team collaboration groupware capabilities, including: project scheduling Read more
SharePoint Server hosts OneDrive for Business, which allows storage and synchronization of an Read more
We are committed to transforming our client’s businesses and drive their growth is our responsibility.
Interior Health Authority
Caring is at the heart of who we are. We strive to live out our vision: Health and well-being for all, as we deliver hospital, community and long-term care services to the over 834,000 people across British Columbia’s southern Interior region. For more than 20 years, Interior Health has worked together with partners and communities, inspired by innovation and the pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.Read more
Provincial Health Services Authority
PHSA has a unique role in BC's health authority system: to ensure that B.C. residents have access to a coordinated provincial network of high-quality specialized health-care services.Read more
City of Burnaby
Burnaby is a great place to live, learn, work and play. We are committed to strengthening our overall well-being and growing into the future as a liveable, vibrant and sustainable community. Burnaby works to facilitate an engaged and active citizenry, a healthy economy and a real respect for the natural environment.Read more
Fraser Health Authority
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.Read more
Vancouver Coastal Health
VCH is responsible for the delivery of $4.1 billion in community, hospital and long-term care services to more than one million people in communities including Richmond, Vancouver, the North Shore, Sunshine Coast, Sea to Sky corridor, Powell River, Bella Bella and Bella Coola. VCH also provides specialized care and services for people throughout BC and is the province's hub of health care education and research.Read more
We’re about unearthing results that change the way we humans live. Complete optimization of life through cutting edge technology, products and services that educate & deliver. For what’s life if we don’t have time & quality? Jevitty defines our true potential, pushing the limits on the human lifespan.Read more
Spiced Pear Health
At Spiced Pear Health, we want you to be in charge of your body, and mind, as you go through the menopause. We want you to be seen and heard as an individual and equipped with all the information and options that are relevant to you so that you can achieve your full potential in life.Read more
With standout responsiveness, Workiy quickly implemented all requested changes. Their flexibility extended to expanding the scope and absorbing extra costs to deliver much needed features. Customers can expect a committed partner that is dedicated to delivering on all client needs. They’re very transparent and use Teamwork. Throughout the project there were around seven change requests and Workiy handled them well. Ravi and the whole Workiy team goes above and beyond to ensure that the customer gets what they need. When we made our scope expansion request, they absorbed about $5,000 of cost since we didn’t have the funding but truly required the feature.
We have been working with Workiy for the last 18 months and have found them to be a reliable and professional supplier. Their proposed consultants are of high quality and are delivered on time as promised. The company is easy to work with and their customer service is responsive and helpful. Overall, we are satisfied with our experience working with Workiy and would recommend them to others.
Workiy has provided great service to Interior Health. Workiy was able to translate our requirements into a website that met our needs. The site has been well received by the Organization and the site owner is happy with the functionality of the Drupal platform. We continue to work closely with Workiey on enhancing the site and they have been very responsive to our requests. They’ve also been very patient as requirements change. They are an active participant in meetings where requirements are being discussed and they regularly show progress on the tasks that have been assigned.
I’m the content webmaster for www.interiorhealth.ca, a website rebuilt by Workiy. I’m very satisfied with how the website operates. I had worked with WordPress before, and I love how Drupal’s back-end editing function operates in a similar way, yet overall, the platform is more sophisticated in the features you can introduce. I did not need much training to handle many aspects of the site: uploading files, editing and creating new pages, building landing pages, linking pages to the website menu, going directly into pages and inputting keywords to help their searchability, and creating/add visual blocks to pages.
Get in Touch
You are just one step away from reaching our expert team.
Workiy is a global company with more than 20 years of experience that provides end-to-end digital solutions, consulting and implementation services to our clients. Be it web or mobile digitalization, cloud transformation or resourcing. We assist our clients in utilizing their digital assets to optimally achieve their business goals and thereby turning their visions into a reality.